CIU is the only Christian university in SC with a CACREP-accredited Masters in Counseling.
The Master of Arts in Counseling program produces well-qualified clinical mental health counselors.
Our Training Model focuses on:
» The Heart - personal and spiritual development
» The Head - professional knowledge and research
» The Hands - effective interpersonal and clinical skill
Cara serves as the Program Coordinator for Richland School District Two Family Intervention Services.
"At CIU I came alive. I graduated feeling really confident in my calling and the gifts God had given me. I went through a full spiritual and emotional transformation."
"I get to go to work every day and help people connect with each other. I consider it an honor to guide them toward healthy relationships and love. Although I work in a secular organization I know I'm sowing seeds for God to use in the future. I can't imagine doing anything else."
Our graduates are working in the following areas:
- Christian marriage counseling
- Counseling centers in churches and in private practice
- Drug and alcohol addiction programs
- Academia: universities, public and private schools
- Mental health facilities and hospitals
- Doctoral studies
Why is CACREP accreditation so important?
- Graduates from a CACREP-accredited program score above the national average on the NCE.
- Licensing agencies look for it on the state and national level.
- Employers consider it the new industry standard.